Medical Lab Techniques
In medical therapeutics both diagnosis and treatment are the two
important vital aspects. Diagnosis involves identifying or determining the
nature of disease while treatment involves the curative aspects in order to
eliminate the disease causing agent. The clinical laboratory tests help a
physician in correct diagnosis and treatment.
A stethoscope is used to hear the heart beat sounds, sound due to
inhalation and exhalation of air in the lungs and the respiratory pathways and also the stomach movement. It is a very useful diagnostic tool to help localize
problems and to diagnose disease.
Stethoscopes are also used along with the sphygmomanometer. The first usable binaural stethoscope was invented in 1855. The modern electronic stethoscopes are high precisioned instruments.
These can be used to hear a patient’s heart and lung clearly even in high noisy environments and even through layers of clothing. The electronic stethoscopes also make it possible to hear the foetal sounds in mother’s womb.
1. Stethoscope helps to find normal (lub-dub) versus abnormal heart sounds
(heart murmurs) and also to diagnose valve functions.
2. Stethoscopes can indicate fluid in lungs in case of pneumonia and
pulmonary edema. It can diagnose airway diseases like bronchitis and
3. Stethoscopes are also used to compare the movements in the normal
versus overactive or underactive intestinal tract.
Related Topics in Zoology:
- Livestock and Management
- Important cattle breeds and their characteristics
- Milch breeds (or) Dairy breeds
- Dual purpose breeds & Draught breeds
- Exotic breeds of cattle
- Common diseases and control in Cattle – Contagious diseases
- Non-contagious diseases – Cattle
- Techniques adopted in cattle breeding
- Poultry Breeds
- Farming methods
- Poultry byproducts
- Fish Pond
- Edible Fishes Of Tamilnadu
- Medical Lab Techniques – Stethoscope
- Urine Sugar analysis
- ECG Electrocardiogram
- Computed Tomography CT
- Endoscopy (Laproscopy) techniques , Artificial Pacemaker