SYLLABUS OF TECHNICAL ENGLISH – HS8251 Regulation 2017 Anna University Semester 2
HS8251 Syllabus for regulation 2017 in Anna University second semester.
HS8251 syllabus OBJECTIVES:
The Course prepares second semester engineering and Technology students to:
• Develop strategies and skills to enhance their ability to read and comprehend engineering and technology texts.
• Foster their ability to write convincing job applications and effective reports.
• Develop their speaking skills to make technical presentations , participate in group discussions.
• Strengthen their listening skill which will help them comprehend lectures and talks in their areas of specialisation.
HS8251 Syllabus UNIT I INTRODUCTION TECHNICAL ENGLISH
Listening- Listening to talks mostly of a scientific/technical nature and completing information-gap exercises- Speaking –Asking for and giving directions- Reading – reading short technical texts
from journals- newsapapers- Writing- purpose statements – extended definitions – issue- writing instructions – checklists-recommendations-Vocabulary Development- technical vocabulary
Language Development –subject verb agreement – compound words.
HS8251 Syllabus UNIT II READING AND STUDY SKILLS
Listening- Listening to longer technical talks and completing exercises based on them-Speaking – describing a process-Reading – reading longer technical texts- identifying the various transitions in a text- paragraphing- Writing- interpreting carts, graphs- vocabulary Development-vocabulary used in formal letters/emails and reports Language Development personal passive voice, numerical adjectives.
HS8251 Syllabus UNIT III TECHNICAL WRITING AND GRAMMAR
Listening- Listening to classroom lectures talk is on engineering /technology -Speaking – introduction to technical presentations- Reading – longer texts both general and technical, practice in speed reading; Writing-Describing a process, use of sequence words- Vocabulary Development- sequence words- Misspelled words. Language Development- embedded sentences.
HS8251 Syllabus UNIT IV REPORT WRITING
Listening- Listening to documentaries and making notes. Speaking – mechanics of presentations- Reading – reading for detailed comprehension- Writing- email etiquette- job application – cover letter –Resume preparation( via email and hard copy)- analytical essays and issue based essays–Vocabulary Development- finding suitable synonyms-paraphrasing-. Language Development- clauses- if conditionals.
HS8251 Syllabus UNIT V GROUP DISCUSSION AND JOB APPLICATIONS
Listening- TED/Ink talks; Speaking –participating in a group discussion -Reading– reading and understanding technical articles Writing– Writing reports- minutes of a meeting- accident and
survey-Vocabulary Development- verbal analogies Language Development- reported speech.
|Subject name||TECHNICAL ENGLISH|
|File details||Syllabus in PDF format in attached|
HS8251 Syllabus of Technical English click here to download
HS8251 Notes TECHNICAL ENGLISH
HS8251 Important questions TECHNICAL ENGLISH
HS8251 question bank TECHNICAL ENGLISH
Other Subject links
MA8251 Syllabus Engineering Mathematics 2 Click here
GE8291 Syllabus Environmental Science and Engineering click here
Search for students:
- TECHNICAL ENGLISH syllabus Anna University free download.
- 1st year HS8251 syllabus for 2017 regulation.
- Anna university syllabus for TECHNICAL ENGLISH.
- Sem 2 HS8251 syllabus 2017 regulation.
- TECHNICAL ENGLISH syllabus R2017.
- Anna university HS8251 notes.
- Notes for TECHNICAL ENGLISH.
- Semester two HS8251 syllabus free.
- TECHNICAL ENGLISH syllabus free pdf download.