CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry Regulation 2017 Anna University pdf free download. Engineering Chemistry Important questions CY8151 reg 2017 free pdf download.
Sample CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
PART-A CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
1) Why is hardness expressed in terms of calcium carbonate equivalent?
2) What is meant by calgon conditioning?
3) What is an adsorption isotherm?
4) What is acid- base catalysis? Give one example.
5) Compare melting point, eutectic point and triple point
6) Define reduced or condensed phase rule.
7) What is octane number and cetane number? Give an example
8) Define calorific value of a fuel. Give Dulong’s formula?
9) What is primary and secondary battery? Give an example
10) What are super capacitors? Mention some important applications of super capacitors
PART-B CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
UNIT-I WATER TECHNOLOGY CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
1) Define the term desalination? Explain the desalination by reverse osmosis with a neat diagram.
2) Explain demineralization process of water softening. Explain the reaction involved
3) Describe the principle and procedure involved in the zeolite process for water treatment.
4) Describe briefly the various methods of internal conditioning of boiler.
5) Explain the determination of hardness by EDTA method.
UNIT-II SURFACE CHEMISTRY AND CATALYSIS CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
1) Explain the Langmuir Adsorption Isotherm and interpret the results (i) at low pressure, (ii) at high pressure and (iii) normal pressure
2) Explain the Mechanism of Kinetics of acid-base catalysis
3) Explain the contact theory of catalysis
4) Summarize the factors influencing adsorption of gases on solids
UNIT-III PHASE RULE AND ALLOYS CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry
1. Draw and explain the phase diagram of water system
2. Discuss in detail the Lead – Silver system
3. Explain the properties and uses of a. Nichrome and b. Stainless steels.
4. Write note on heat treatment of steel
5. State phase rule and explain the terms involved in it.
Padeepz E-Learning Materials CY8151 Engineering Chemistry
Padeepz E-Learning Materials CY8151 Engineering Chemistry we have provided the sample materials in this page. If you like the sample and want to buy the full subject the procedure is also provided in the Video.
|Subject name||Engineering Chemistry|
CY8151 Important questions Engineering Chemistry Click here to download