PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Engineering Physics Question Bank PH8151 reg 2017 pdf free download Question Paper.
Sample PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics:
PART – A (2 Marks) PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
1. Draw stress-strain diagram for brittle and ductile material.
2. What is non-uniform bending and why is said to be non-uniform ?
3. Why population inversion is necessary for laser action and how it can be
4. State the condition to achieve total internal reflection.
5. What is the need for thermal insulation in buildings ?
6. State the function of bimetallic strip.
7. What is scanning electron microscope ? PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
8. Mention any two physical significance of wave function.
9. Sketch (111) plane for a cubic structure.
10. What are Frenkel and Schottky imperfections ?
PART – B (16 Marks) PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
11. a) i) Derive an expression for the elevation at the centre of the beam
which is loaded at both ends.
ii) A Cantilever of steel fixed horizontally is subjected to a load of 225 gm
at its free end. The geometric moment of inertia of the cantilever is
4.5×10–11m4. If the length of cantilever and Young’s modulus of steel
are 1 m and 200×109 Pa respectively, calculate the depression at the
b) i) What is torsion pendulum ? Explain how it is used to determine the
rigidity modulus of the material of a thin wire. PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
ii) A wire of length 1 meter and diameter 1 mm is clamped at one of its
ends. Calculate the couple required to twist the other end by 90°.
Given modulus of rigidity = 28 GPA.
12. a) i) What are different pumping mechanisms used in lasers ? Explain
the principle, construction and working of a homojunction laser with
necessary diagram. PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
ii) Find the relative population of the two states in a laser that produces
a light beam of wavelength 6943Å at 300K.
b) i) What are different types of fibre optic sensors ? Explain the working
of any two sensors. PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics
ii) Calculate the numerical aperture and the critical angle of a fibre having
core refractive index = 1.50 and a cladding refractive index = 1.45.
|Subject name||Engineering Physics|
PH8151 Question Bank Engineering Physics Click here to download