CS6551 Syllabus Computer Networks
CS6551 Syllabus Computer Networks Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. Computer Networks Syllabus free pdf download.
OBJECTIVES CS6551 Syllabus:
The student should be made to:
Understand the division of network functionalities into layers.
Be familiar with the components required to build different types of networks
Be exposed to the required functionality at each layer
Learn the flow control and congestion control algorithms
UNIT I FUNDAMENTALS & LINK LAYER Computer Networks Syllabus
Building a network – Requirements – Layering and protocols – Internet Architecture – Network software – Performance ; Link layer Services – Framing – Error Detection – Flow control
UNIT II MEDIA ACCESS & INTERNETWORKING CS6551 Syllabus
Media access control – Ethernet (802.3) – Wireless LANs – 802.11 – Bluetooth – Switching and bridging – Basic Internetworking (IP, CIDR, ARP, DHCP,ICMP )
UNIT III ROUTING CS6551 Syllabus
Routing (RIP, OSPF, metrics) – Switch basics – Global Internet (Areas, BGP, IPv6), Multicast – addresses – multicast routing (DVMRP, PIM)
UNIT IV TRANSPORT LAYER Computer Networks Syllabus
Overview of Transport layer – UDP – Reliable byte stream (TCP) – Connection management – Flow control – Retransmission – TCP Congestion control – Congestion avoidance (DECbit, RED) – QoS – Application requirements
UNIT V APPLICATION LAYER CS6551 Syllabus
Traditional applications -Electronic Mail (SMTP, POP3, IMAP, MIME) – HTTP – Web Services – DNS – SNMP
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
OUTCOMES CS6551 Syllabus:
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
Identify the components required to build different types of networks
Choose the required functionality at each layer for given application
Identify solution for each functionality at each layer
Trace the flow of information from one node to another node in the network
TEXT BOOK CS6551 Syllabus:
1. Larry L. Peterson, Bruce S. Davie, “Computer Networks: A Systems Approach”, Fifth Edition, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2011.
REFERENCES Computer Networks Syllabus:
1. James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross, “Computer Networking – A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet”, Fifth Edition, Pearson Education, 2009.
2. Nader. F. Mir, “Computer and Communication Networks”, Pearson Prentice Hall Publishers, 2010.
3. Ying-Dar Lin, Ren-Hung Hwang, Fred Baker, “Computer Networks: An Open Source Approach”, Mc Graw Hill Publisher, 2011.
4. Behrouz A. Forouzan, “Data communication and Networking”, Fourth Edition, Tata McGraw – Hill, 2011.
|Subject Name||Computer Networks|
CS6551 Syllabus click here to download
CS6551 notes click here
Computer Networks Important questions click here
CS6551 question bank click here