ME6601 Important Questions Design of Transmission Systems
ME6601 Important Questions Design of Transmission Systems Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. Design of Transmission Systems Important Questions free pdf download.
Sample ME6601 Important Questions:
1. What is a power drive? Mention their types.
The power drive is a set of machine members employed to transmit power or energy produced in one machine member to another machine. Their main types are (1) Mechanical drives, (2) Hydraulic drives, (3) Pneumatic drives and (4) Electrical drives.
2. Why tight side of the belt should be at the bottom side of the pulley?
If the tight side is at the bottom side of the pulley and the slack side is at the top side, then sag caused by the self-weight of the belt, for long center distance drive will increase the arc of contact of the belt with pulley and hence the effect of power transmission is increased.
3. What are the factors influencing the coefficient of friction between belt & pulley?
(1) Belt material,
(2) Pulley material,
(3) The slip of the belt,
(4) The speed of the belt.
4. What is meant by angle of contact?
The angle of contact is the angle made by a common normal drawn to the tangent line at the point of engagement and at the point of disengagement of the belt on a pulley, at its centre. It is also known as lap angle, wrap angle.
5. Name four types of belts.
1. Flat belts 2.V- belts 3.Ribbed belts 4.Toothed timing belts
6. What are the materials used for belt drives?
1.Leather 2.fabric and cotton 3.Rubber 4.Balata 5.Nylon
|Subject Name||Design of Transmission Systems|
ME6601 Important Questions 1 click here to download
ME6601 Important Questions 2 click here to download