ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS NOTES
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Notes Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS ME6301 Notes pdf free download.
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Notes OUTCOMES:
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply the Thermodynamic Principles to Mechanical Engineering Application.
- Apply mathematical fundamentals to study the properties of steam, gas and gas mixtures.
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Notes TEXT BOOKS:
- Nag.P.K., “Engineering Thermodynamics”, 4thEdition, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2008.
- Natarajan E., “Engineering Thermodynamics: Fundamentals and Applications”, AnuragamPublications, 2012.
- What is Thermodynamics?
For a wide range of engineering plant like steam turbines, reciprocating engines, turbo-jets, rockets, combustion systems etc., we are concerned with the transfer of heat and work.
In many cases the objective is to convert one form of energy to another. Thermodynamics is science of energy and entropy. “Thermodynamics is the science that deals with heat and work and those properties of substances that bear a relation to heat and work.”
State, Property, Path, Process
The idea of system is defined in the introduction. A closed system is fully defined when the following details are known:
• The fluid, i.e. whether gas, water etc.
• The boundary between the fluid under consideration and its surroundings
• The mass of the fluid within the boundary.
Every system has certain characteristics by which its physical condition may be described, e.g. volume, temperature, pressure etc. Such characteristics are called properties of the system.
These are all macroscopic in nature. When all the properties of a system have definite values, the system is said to exist at a definite state.
Any operation in which one or more properties of a system change is called a change of state
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Notes REFERENCES:
- Cengel. Y and M.Boles, “Thermodynamics – An Engineering Approach”, 7th Edition, TataMcGraw Hill, 2010.
- Holman.J.P., “Thermodynamics”, 3rd Edition, McGraw-Hill, 1995.
- Rathakrishnan. E., “Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics”, 2nd Edition, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, 2006
- Chattopadhyay, P, “Engineering Thermodynamics”, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Arora C.P, “Thermodynamics”, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2003.
- Van Wylen and Sonntag, “Classical Thermodynamics”, Wiley Eastern, 1987
- Venkatesh. A, “Basic Engineering Thermodynamics”, Universities Press (India) Limited, 2007.
- Kau-Fui Vincent Wong, “Thermodynamics for Engineers”, CRC Press, 2010 Indian Reprint.
- Prasanna Kumar: Thermodynamics “Engineering Thermodynamics” Pearson Education, 2013
|Subject Name||ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS|
ME6301 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Notes Click Here to download