HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504
HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504 Regulation 2013 Anna University free pdf. CE6504 Question Bank download free pdf.
Sample HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504:
UNIT 1 HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504
1. Describe the engineering surveys conducted for highway alignment
2. Compose the classification of rural roads and urban roads explain
3. Enumerate the details to be collected and the various steps in the conventional method.
4. Complete the requirements of an ideal alignment with neat sketches.
5. Discuss the importance of MORTH
Unit II HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504
1. A National highway passing through a rolling terrain has a horizontal curve of radius220m. If the design speed is 80 kmph, calculate super elevation, extra widening, stopping sight distance and intermediate sight distance. Assume necessary data suitably
2. With a neat sketch explain the cross-sectional elements of a 2 lane rural road on embankment
3. Explain with neat sketches about vertical curves.
4. The speed of overtaking and over taken vehicles are70 and 40 kmph, respectively on a two way traffic road.
If the acceleration of overtaking vehicle is 0.99m/s2. Calculate SSD, OSD and ISD
5. Illustrate the equation for extra widening. A vehicle travels in a 2 lane road with a design speed of 80kmph.
Calculate the amount of extra widening for a radius of curvature of 210m
6. Explain the equation for valley curves, summit curves and vertical curves.
Unit III HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504
1. Explain CBR method of pavement design with the IRC recommendations and its limitations
2. What are the Different layers in a pavement? Explain with its importance
3. Explain the factors to be considered in the design of pavement
4. What is rigidity factor in the design of highway pavement
5. Explain the characteristics of joint sealers and fillers.
6. Solve for the thickness of a concrete pavement with the following data. E for concrete = 2.5×105 Kg/cm2
Poisson’s ratio = 0.15
K value for sub- grade reaction = 4 Kg/cm2
Wheel load = 5100 Kg
Tyre pressure = 6 Kg/cm2
Assume any other suitable data necessary
Unit IV HIGHWAY ENGINEERING Question Bank CE6504
1. Explain the procedure for determination of binder content of bitumen.
2. Explain briefly the construction of earth roads. Discuss the advantages And limitations of earth roads
3. What are the quality control measures recommended in pavement construction
4. Distinguish with neat sketches the surface and sub surface drainage system of roads
5. Explain the following test in detail. (a) Elongation and flakiness index (b) Crushing Strength test (c)Water absorption test
6. Explain the construction procedure of WBM.
|Subject Name||HIGHWAY ENGINEERING|
CE6504 Question Bank Click Here to download