EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics
EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Power Electronics Important Questions EE8552 pdf free download.
Sample EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics:
1. Define the term pinch off voltage of MOSFET.
2. List the advantages of GTO over SCR.
4. Name the limitation of high frequency operation of a power
Electronic device. EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics
5. Mention the advantages of ‘RC’ triggering over ‘R’ triggering.
6. Tabulate the various forced commutation techniques used to
turn off SCR.
7. Distinguish between SCR and TRIAC.
8. Predict the secondary breakdown in BJT
9. Discuss reverse recovery time in diodes.
10. Summarize the conditions under which a transistor operates as
a switch. EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics
11. List any two advantages of TRIAC over SCR.
12. Illustrate the need of snubber circuit.
13. Classify the types of diodes.
14. Compare the merits and demerits of IGBT and MOSFET
15. What is meant by commutation of SCR and list its types.
16. Mention the merits and demerits of GTO. EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics
17. Define the term holding current and latching current.
18. Why are IGBT becoming popular in PE based applications?
19. Draw TRIAC characteristics.
20. Why TRIAC is not popular as compared to SCR?
Examine the basic structure of IGBT and Explain its working .Give its equivalent circuit and explain the turn ON and turn OFF processes. EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics
(i) Analyze the constructional details of an SCR. Sketch its
schematic diagram and explain its operation. EE8552 Important Questions Power Electronics
(ii) Explain turn-ON and turn-OFF characteristics of SCR
|Subject name||POWER ELECTRONICS|
EE8552 Important Questions POWER ELECTRONICS Click Here To Download
EE8552 POWER ELECTRONICS Question Paper