ME8792 Important Questions POWER PLANT ENGINEERING
ME8792 Important Questions POWER PLANT ENGINEERING Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. POWER PLANT ENGINEERING Important Questions ME8792 pdf free download.
ME8792 Important Questions POWER PLANT ENGINEERING:
23. Write the De-merits at steam jet draught?
1. It can be operated only when the steam is raised
2. The draught produced is very low
24. Define Condenser?
A condenser is a device in which the steam is condensed by cooling it with water. The
condensed steam is known as condensate.
25. Write the essential elements of a steam condensing plant?
1. A closed vessel in which the steam is condensed.
2. A pump to deliver condensed steam to the hot well from the condenser.
3. A dry air-pump to remove air and other non-condensable gases,
4. A feed pump to deliver water to the boiler from hot well. ME8792 Important Questions Power Plant Engineering
26. What are the sub division of jet condensers?
1. Low level counter flow jet condenser
2. High level (or) Barometric jet condenser
3. Ejector condenser.
27. Write the surface condenser?
1. Down flow condenser
2. Central flow condenser
3. Evaporative condenser ME8792 Important Questions Power Plant Engineering
28. Write the advantages of surface condenser?
1. The condensate can be used as boiler feed water
2. Cooling water of even poor quality can be used because the cooling water does not come in
direct contact with steam
3. High vacuum (about 73.5 cm of Hg) can be obtained in the surface condenser. This
increases the thermal efficiency of the plant.
29. Write the disadvantages of surface condenser?
1. The capital cost is more,
2. The maintenance cost and running cost of this condenser is high,
3. It is bulky and requires more space.
30. Name any two heat saving devices used in a thermal power plant?
1. Air pre heater
2. Economizer. ME8792 Important Questions Power Plant Engineering
1.1 Working of thermal power plant
Layout of steam power plant:
Steam is an important medium for producing mechanical energy. Steam is used to drive ME8792 Important Questions Power Plant Engineering
steam engines and steam turbines. Steam has the following advantages.
1. Steam can be raised quickly from water which is available in plenty.
2. It does not react much with materials of the equipment used in power plants.
3. It is stable at temperatures required in the plant.
|Subject name||POWER PLANT ENGINEERING|
ME8792 Important Questions POWER PLANT ENGINEERING Click Here To Download