ME6703 COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS Notes
ME6703 COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS Notes Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. ME6703 Notes COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS free pdf download.
OUTCOMES ME6703 COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS Notes:
Upon completion of this course, the student can able to understand the use of computers in process planning and use of FMS and Robotics in CIM
TEXT BOOK ME6703 COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS Notes:
1. Mikell.P.Groover “Automation, Production Systems and Computer Integrated
Manufacturing”, Prentice Hall of India, 2008.
2. Radhakrishnan P, Subramanyan S.and Raju V., “CAD/CAM/CIM”, 2nd Edition, New Age International (P) Ltd, New Delhi, 2000.
REFERENCES ME6703 COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS Notes:
1. Kant Vajpayee S, “Principles of Computer Integrated Manufacturing”, Prentice Hall India, 2003.
2. Gideon Halevi and Roland Weill, “Principles of Process Planning – A Logical Approach” Chapman & Hall, London, 1995.
3. Rao. P, N Tewari &T.K. Kundra, “Computer Aided Manufacturing”, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company, 2000.
Computer integrated manufacturing(CIM) is a broad term covering all
technologies and soft automation used to manage the resources for cost effective
production of tangible goods.
Integration – capital, human, technology and equipment
CIM – which orchestrates the factors of production and its management.
CIM is being projected as a panacea for Discrete manufacturing type of
industry, which produces 40% of all goods.
CIM is not applying computers to the design of the products of the company. That is computer aided design (CAD)! It is not using them as tools for part and assembly analysis.
That is computer aided engineering (CAE)! It is not using computers to aid the development of part programs to drive machine tools. That is computer aided manufacturing (CAM)! It is not materials requirement planning (MRP) or just in time (JIT) or any other method of developing the production schedule.
|Subject Name||COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS|
ME6703 COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS Notes click here to download