GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes
GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. GE6757 Notes TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT free pdf download.
OUTCOMES GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes:
The student would be able to apply the tools and techniques of quality management to manufacturing and services processes.
TEXT BOOK GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes:
1. Dale H. Besterfiled, et at., “Total quality Management”, Third Edition, Pearson Education Asia, Indian Reprint, 2006.
REFERENCES GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes:
1. James R. Evans and William M. Lindsay, “The Management and Control of Quality”, 8th Edition, First Indian Edition, Cengage Learning, 2012.
2. Suganthi.L and Anand Samuel, “Total Quality Management”, Prentice Hall (India) Pvt. Ltd., 2006.
3. Janakiraman. B and Gopal .R.K., “Total Quality Management – Text and Cases”, Prentice Hall (India) Pvt. Ltd., 2006.
QUALITY PLANNING GE6757 TQM Notes:
The following are the important steps for quality planning.
1. Establishing quality goals.
2. Identifying customers.
3. Discovering customer needs.
4. Developing product features.
5. Developing process features.
6. Establishing process controls and transferring to operations.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED WHILE QUALITY PLANNING GE6757 TQM Notes :
1. Business, having larger market share and better quality, earn returns much
higher than their competitors.
2. Quality and Market share each has a strong separate relationship to profitably.
3. Planning for product quality must be based on meeting customer needs, not just meeting product specifications.
4. For same products. We need to plan for perfection. For other products, we need to plan for value.
Recognition is a process by which management shows acknowledgement of an
employee’s outstanding performance.
GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes Various ways for Recognition and Rewards are
1. Recognition can be expressed using verbal and written praise.
2. Rewards may be in the form of certificates and plaques.
3. Reward is normally in the form of cinema tickets, dinner for family etc.
4. The financial compensation (for recognition) can be paid in terms of increased
salaries, commissions, gain sharing etc.
5. The efforts of employees can be recognized by promotions, special job
|Subject Name||TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT|
GE6757 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Notes click here to download