FOUNDATION ENGINEERING Important Questions CE6502
FOUNDATION ENGINEERING Important Questions CE6502 Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. CE6502 Important Questions pdf free download.
Sample FOUNDATION ENGINEERING Important Questions CE6502 :
1.DEFINE END BEARING PILE
End bearing piles are used to transfer load through water or soft soil to a suitable bearing stratum. The end bearing pile is driven through poor soil strata and rests on a firm incompressible stratum such as rock, developing the bearing pressure of its base and passing it to that firm stratum.
2. Define group efficiency of pile.
The ratio of resting capacity of a pile group to the sum of individual capacities of piles in the group is termed as group efficiency.
3. List out the type of pile based on material used? (FOUNDATION ENGINEERING Important Questions)
4. How is the selection of pile carried out?
The selection of the type, length and capacity is usually made from estimation based on the soil condition and magnitude of the load.
5. What is mean by group settlement ratio? (FOUNDATION ENGINEERING Important Questions)
The settlement of pile group is found to be many times that of a single pile. The ratio of the settlement of the pile group to that of a single pile is known as the group settlement ratio.
6. What are the factors consider while selecting the type of pile?
Time available for completion of the job
Availability of equipment
The ground water conditions
The characteristics of the soil strata involved
|Subject Name||FOUNDATION ENGINEERING|
CE6502 Important Questions Click Here to download