EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank
EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. EE6701 Question Bank High Voltage Engineering free pdf download.
Sample EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank:
1. What is surge arrester?
2. Name the sources of switching surges.
3. What are the limitations of EHVAC transmission?
4. State the different types of over voltages occurring in power system and mention their magnitude.
5. What are the types of faults that may occur in power lines?
6. Define indirect stroke. (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank)
7. What is known as Isokeraunic Level?
8. Define Shielding Angle.
9. Define surge impedance of transmission line.
10. What are the techniques to be adopted for controlling the switching over voltages?
11. What are the causes of power frequency over voltages?
12. What are the causes of over voltages in power system?
13. Explain why a simple spark gap cannot offer full protection against over voltages. (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank)
14. What is insulation co-ordination?
15. Mention the different kinds of over voltages.
16. What is meant by switching surges? Mention the approximate magnitude of switching surges and their
frequency. (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank)
17. A transmission line of surge impedance 250 is connected to a cable of surge impedance 50 at the other end, if a surge of 400 kV travels along the line to the junction point, find the voltage build at the junction.
18. How can the tower footing resistance can be varied?
19. What are the advantage of valve type arrester?
20. What is counter poise wire? Give its use.
16 MARKS (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank)
1. Draw the cross sectional view of non linear resistor lightning arrester (valve type) and explain its operation in detail and its V-I characteristics.
2. Discuss mechanism of lightning stroke and over voltages on transmission lines and give its mathematical model.
3. Write short notes on:
(i) Rod gaps used as protective devices
(ii) Ground wires for protection of overhead lines.
4. Explain different theories of charge formation in clouds. (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank)
|Subject Name||High Voltage Engineering|
EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Question Bank click here to download