EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes
EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. EE6701 Notes High Voltage Engineering free pdf download.
OUTCOMES: EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes
Ability to understand and analyze power system operation, stability, control and protection.
TEXT BOOKS: EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes
1. S.Naidu and V. Kamaraju, ‘High Voltage Engineering’, Tata McGraw Hill, Fifth Edition, 2013.
2. E. Kuffel and W.S. Zaengl, J.Kuffel, ‘High voltage Engineering fundamentals’, Newnes Second Edition Elsevier , New Delhi, 2005.
3. Subir Ray,’ An Introduction to High Voltage Engineering’ PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, Second Edition, 2013.
REFERENCES: EE6701 Notes High Voltage Engineering
1. L.L. Alston, ‘High Voltage Technology’, Oxford University Press, First Indian Edition, 2011.
2. C.L. Wadhwa, ‘High voltage Engineering’, New Age International Publishers, Third Edition, 2010.
The different situations under which switching over voltages happens are
Interruption of low inductive currents (current chopping) by high speed
circuit breakers. This occurs when the transformers or reactors are
Interruption of small capacitive currents, such as switching off of unloaded lines
Ferro-resonance condition This may occur when poles of a circuit breaker do not close simultaneously
Energization of long EHV or UHV lines.
single pole closing 6f circuit breaker (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes)
interruption of fault current when the L-G or L-L fault is cleared
resistance switching used in circuit breakers
switching lines terminated by transformers
series capacitor compensated lines
sparking of the surge diverter located at the receiving end of the line to
limit the lightning over voltages. (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes)
The different situations under which power frequency over voltages happens are
sudden loss of loads,
disconnection of inductive loads or connection of capacitive loads,
Ferranti effect, unsymmetrical faults, and
saturation in transformers. (EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes)
|Subject Name||High Voltage Engineering|
EE6701 High Voltage Engineering Notes click here to download