EC6701 RF AND MICROWAVE ENGINEERING Question Bank
EC6701 RF and microwave engineering Question Bank regulation 2013 anna university free download. RF and microwave engineering EC6701 Question Bank pdf free download.
Sample EC6701 RF and microwave engineering Question Bank:
1. What are the principal limitations of conventional negative grid electron tubes?
1) Electron transit time becomes a noticeable proportion at high frequencies.
2) Lumped electrical reactance and low Q resonant circuit.
2. What is frequency pulling and frequency pushing in magnetrons?
Frequency pulling is caused by changes in the load impedance reflected into the
cavity resonators. Frequency pushing is due to the change in anode voltage which alters the orbital velocity of electron clouds.
3.What are the applications of High Q-oscillators and amplifier circuits?
They are used in a)Low power transmitters
b)Parametric amplifier pumps
c)Police radars and intrusion alarms. (EC6701 RF and microwave engineering question bank)
4.What are the Key phenomenon taking place in TRAPATT diode?
The Key phenomena are a)Carrier generation by impact ionization producing a
current pulse of phase delay of 90 degree.
b)An additional phase shift introduced by the drift of carriers.
5.What is the operating frequency of TRAPATT devices?
TRAPATT devices operate at frequencies from 400 MHz to about 12GHz.
6. What are the applications of TRAPATT devices?
The applications are
a)Phased-array Radar systems
b)Intermediate frequency transmitters.
c)Proxity fuse sources (EC6701 RF and microwave engineering question bank)
7.What are ferrites devices.Explain in detail the different ferrite devices
8. Dicuss the high frequency effects in conventional tubes?
9.Explain in detail about spectrum analyzer?
10.Explain in detail about network analyzer
11.Explain the different types of Impedence measurement methods?
12. How do you measure microwave frequency? (EC6701 RF and microwave engineering question bank)
13. Explain the power measuring devices baretter and thermistor?
14.Explain in detail power detecting elements?
15.Explain in detail about microwave detector? (EC6701 RF and microwave engineering question bank)
16.What is Transferred electron effect?Explian some of the TED‟s?
17.What is negative resistance in gunn diode?Desribe the operation of GUNN
18.Explain the operation of TRAPATT diode (EC6701 RF and microwave engineering question bank)
|Subject Name||RF and microwave engineering|
EC6701 RF and microwave engineering question bank click here to download