CS6401 Notes Operating Systems
CS6401 Notes Operating Systems Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. Operating Systems Notes pdf free download.
OBJECTIVES CS6401 Notes:
The student should be made to:
- Study the basic concepts and functions of operating systems.
- Understand the structure and functions of OS.
- Learn about Processes, Threads and Scheduling algorithms.
- Understand the principles of concurrency and Deadlocks.
- Learn various memory management schemes.
- Study I/O management and File systems.
- Learn the basics of Linux system and perform administrative tasks on Linux Servers.
OUTCOMES Operating Systems Notes:
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Design various Scheduling algorithms.
- Apply the principles of concurrency.
- Design deadlock, prevention and avoidance algorithms.
- Compare and contrast various memory management schemes.
- Design and Implement a prototype file systems.
- Perform administrative tasks on Linux Servers.
TEXT BOOK CS6401 Notes:
1. Abraham Silberschatz, Peter Baer Galvin and Greg Gagne, “Operating System Concepts”, 9th Edition, John Wiley and Sons Inc., 2012.
REFERENCES CS6401 Notes:
1. William Stallings, “Operating Systems – Internals and Design Principles”, 7th Edition, Prentice Hall, 2011.
2. Andrew S. Tanenbaum, “Modern Operating Systems”, Second Edition, Addison Wesley, 2001.
3. Charles Crowley, “Operating Systems: A Design-Oriented Approach”, Tata McGraw Hill Education”, 1996.
4. D M Dhamdhere, “Operating Systems: A Concept-Based Approach”, Second Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill Education, 2007.
|Subject Name||Operating Systems|
CS6401 Notes click here to download
CS6401 Syllabus click here
Operating Systems Important questions click here
CS6401 Question Bank click here