CE8491 Notes SOIL MECHANICS
CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Soil Mechanics Notes CE8491 pdf free download.
OBJECTIVE: CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics
To impart knowledge to classify the soil based on index properties and to assess their engineering properties based on the classification.
To familiarize the students about the fundamental concepts of compaction, flow through soil, stress transformation, stress distribution, consolidation and shear strength of soils.
To impart knowledge of design of both finite and infinite slopes.
OUTCOMES: CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics
Students will be able to classify the soil and assess the engineering properties, based on index properties. Understand the stress concepts in soils Understand and identify the settlement in soils. Determine the shear strength of soil Analyze both finite and infinite slopes.
TEXTBOOKS: CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics
1. Murthy, V.N.S., “Text book of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering”, CBS Publishers Distribution Ltd., New Delhi. 2014
2. Arora, K.R., “Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering”, Standard Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, 7th Edition, 2017(Reprint).
3. Gopal Ranjan, A S R Rao, “Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics” New Age International Publication, 3rd Edition, 2016.
4. Punmia, B.C., “Soil Mechanics and Foundations”, Laxmi Publications Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi, 16th Edition, 2017.
REFERENCES: CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics
1. McCarthy, D.F., “Essentials of Soil Mechanics and Foundations: Basic Geotechnics”. Prentice-Hall, 2006.
2. Coduto, D.P., “Geotechnical Engineering – Principles and Practices”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi, 2010.
3. Braja M Das, “Principles of Geotechnical Engineering”, Cengage Learning India Private Limited, 8th Edition, 2014. CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics
4. Palanikumar.M., “Soil Mechanics”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, Learning Private Limited Delhi, 2013.
5. Craig.R.F., “Soil Mechanics”, E & FN Spon, London and New York, 2012.
6. Purushothama Raj. P., “Soil Mechanics and Foundations Engineering”,2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2013.
7. Venkatramaiah.C., “Geotechnical Engineering”, New Age International Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2017.
|Subject name||Soil Mechanics|
CE8491 Notes Soil Mechanics Click Here To Download