CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Notes
CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Notes Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY CE6451 Notes free pdf download.
OUTCOMES CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Notes:
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply mathematical knowledge to predict the properties and characteristics of a fluid.
- Can critically analyse the performance of pumps and turbines.
TEXT BOOK CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Notes:
- Modi P.N. and Seth, S.M. “Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics”, Standard Book House, New Delhi 2004.
REFERENCES CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Notes:
- Streeter, V. L. and Wylie E. B., “Fluid Mechanics”, McGraw Hill Publishing Co. 2010.
- Kumar K. L., “Engineering Fluid Mechanics”, Eurasia Publishing House(p) Ltd., New Delhi 2004.
- Robert W.Fox, Alan T. McDonald, Philip J.Pritchard, “Fluid Mechanics and Machinery”, 2011.
- Graebel. W.P, “Engineering Fluid Mechanics”, Taylor & Francis, Indian Reprint, 2011.
What is fluid mechanics?
As its name suggests it is the branch of applied mechanics concerned with the statics and dynamics of fluids – both liquids and gases.
The analysis of the behavior of fluids is based on the fundamental laws of mechanics which relate continuity of mass and energy with force and momentum together with the familiar solid mechanics properties.
Define the nature of a fluid.
Show where fluid mechanics concepts are common with those of solid mechanics and indicate some fundamental areas of difference.
Introduce viscosity and show what are Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids
Define the appropriate physical properties and show how these allow differentiation between solids and fluids as well as between liquids and gases.
|Subject Name||FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY|
CE6451 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY Notes Click Here to download