HS3251 Question Bank PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH – II
HS3251 Question Bank PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH – II Regulation 2021 Anna University free download. PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH – II Question Bank HS3251 pdf download free.
At the end of the course, learners will be able
To compare and contrast products and ideas in technical texts.
To identify cause and effects in events, industrial processes through technical texts
To analyse problems in order to arrive at feasible solutions and communicate them orally
and in the written format.
To report events and the processes of technical and industrial nature.
To present their opinions in a planned and logical manner, and draft effective resumes in
context of job search.
OBJECTIVES : HS3251 Question Bank
To engage learners in meaningful language activities to improve their LSRW skills
To enhance learners’ awareness of general rules of writing for specific audiences
To help learners understand the purpose, audience, contexts of different types of writing
To develop analytical thinking skills for problem solving in communicative contexts
To demonstrate an understanding of job applications and interviews for internship and
UNIT I MAKING COMPARISONS HS3251 Question Bank
Listening – Evaluative Listening: Advertisements, Product Descriptions, -Audio / video; Listening
and filling a Graphic Organiser (Choosing a product or service by comparison)
Speaking – Marketing a product, Persuasive Speech Techniques.
Reading – Reading advertisements, user manuals, brochures;
Writing – Professional emails, Email etiquette – Compare and Contrast Essay; Grammar – Mixed
Tenses, Prepositional phrases
Vocabulary – Contextual meaning of words
TEXT BOOKS : HS3251 Question Bank
1. English for Engineers & Technologists (2020 edition) Orient Blackswan Private Ltd.
Department of English, Anna University.
2. English for Science & Technology Cambridge University Press 2021. HS3251 Question Bank
Authored by Dr. Veena Selvam, Dr. Sujatha Priyadarshini, Dr. Deepa Mary Francis, Dr. KN.
Shoba, and Dr. Lourdes Joevani, Department of English, Anna University.
REFERENCES: HS3251 Question Bank
1. Raman. Meenakshi, Sharma. Sangeeta (2019). Professional English. Oxford university
press. New Delhi.
2. Improve Your Writing ed. V.N. Arora and Laxmi Chandra, Oxford Univ. Press, 2001,
3. Learning to Communicate – Dr. V. Chellammal. Allied Publishers, New Delhi, 2003
4. Business Correspondence and Report Writing by Prof. R.C. Sharma & Krishna Mohan, HS3251 Question Bank
Tata McGraw Hill & Co. Ltd., 2001, New Delhi.
5. Developing Communication Skills by Krishna Mohan, Meera Bannerji- Macmillan India Ltd.
HS3251 Question Bank PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH – II Click Here To Download