SYLLABUS OF BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BCM – BE8252 Regulation 2017 Anna University Semester 2
OBJECTIVES: BE8252 bcm
- BE8252 to impart basic knowledge on Civil and Mechanical Engineering BCM.
- For familiarize the materials and measurements used in Civil Engineering.
- To provide the exposure on the fundamental elements of civil engineering structures.
- To enable the students to distinguish the components and working principle of power plant units, IC engines, and R & AC system.
A – OVER VIEW
Bcm UNIT I SCOPE OF CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BE8252
Overview of Civil Engineering – Civil Engineering contributions to the welfare of Society – Specialized sub disciplines in Civil Engineering – Structural, Construction, Geotechnical, Environmental, Transportation and Water Resources Engineering Overview of Mechanical Engineering – Mechanical Engineering contributions to the welfare of Society –Specialized sub disciplines in Mechanical Engineering – Production, Automobile, Energy Engineering – Interdisciplinary concepts in Civil and Mechanical Engineering.
B – CIVIL ENGINEERING
Bcm UNIT II SURVEYING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING MATERIALS BE8252
Surveying: Objects – classification – principles – measurements of distances – angles – leveling – determination of areas– contours – examples. Civil Engineering Materials:Bricks – stones – sand – cement – concrete – steel – timber – modern materials
BE8252 UNIT III BUILDING COMPONENTS AND STRUCTURES
Foundations: Types of foundations – Bearing capacity and settlement – Requirement of good foundations. Civil Engineering Structures: Brickmasonry – stonemasonry – beams – columns – lintels – roofing – flooring – plastering – floor area, carpet area and floor space index – Types of Bridges and Dams – water supply – sources and quality of water – Rain water harvesting – introduction to
high way and rail way.
C – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Bcm UNIT IV INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES AND POWER PLANTS
Classification of Power Plants – Internal combustion engines as automobile power plant – Working principle of Petrol and Diesel Engines – Four stroke and two stroke cycles – Comparison
of four stroke and two stroke engines – Working principle of steam, Gas, Diesel, Hydro – electric and Nuclear Power plants –- working principle of Boilers, Turbines, Reciprocating Pumps (single acting and double acting) and Centrifugal Pumps.
BE8252 UNIT V REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM Bcm
Terminology of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Principle of vapour compression and absorption system–Layout of typical domestic refrigerator–Window and Split type room Air conditioner.
|Subject name||BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
BE8252 BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Syllabus Click Here To Download
Search for students:
BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING syllabus Anna University free download.
- BE8252 anna university syllabus 2017 regulation.
- 1st year bcm syllabus for 2017 regulation.
- Anna university syllabus for be8252 bcm.
- Sem 2 bcm BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Be8252 bcm syllabus R2017.
- Anna university BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING notes.
- Notes for bcm be8252.
- Semester two BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING syllabus free.
- BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING syllabus free pdf download.