SYLLABUS OF BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BCM – BE8252 Regulation 2017 Anna University Semester 2
OBJECTIVES: BE8252 bcm
- BE8252 to impart basic knowledge on Civil and Mechanical Engineering BCM.
- For familiarize the materials and measurements used in Civil Engineering.
- To provide the exposure on the fundamental elements of civil engineering structures.
- To enable the students to distinguish the components and working principle of power plant units, IC engines, and R & AC system.
A – OVER VIEW
Bcm UNIT I SCOPE OF CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BE8252
Overview of Civil Engineering – Civil Engineering contributions to the welfare of Society – Specialized sub disciplines in Civil Engineering – Structural, Construction, Geotechnical, Environmental, Transportation and Water Resources Engineering Overview of Mechanical Engineering – Mechanical Engineering contributions to the welfare of Society –Specialized sub disciplines in Mechanical Engineering – Production, Automobile, Energy Engineering – Interdisciplinary concepts in Civil and Mechanical Engineering.
B – CIVIL ENGINEERING
Bcm UNIT II SURVEYING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING MATERIALS BE8252
Surveying: Objects – classification – principles – measurements of distances – angles – leveling – determination of areas– contours – examples. Civil Engineering Materials:Bricks – stones – sand – cement – concrete – steel – timber – modern materials
BE8252 UNIT III BUILDING COMPONENTS AND STRUCTURES
Foundations: Types of foundations – Bearing capacity and settlement – Requirement of good foundations. Civil Engineering Structures: Brickmasonry – stonemasonry – beams – columns – lintels – roofing – flooring – plastering – floor area, carpet area and floor space index – Types of Bridges and Dams – water supply – sources and quality of water – Rain water harvesting – introduction to
high way and rail way.
C – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Bcm UNIT IV INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES AND POWER PLANTS
Classification of Power Plants – Internal combustion engines as automobile power plant – Working principle of Petrol and Diesel Engines – Four stroke and two stroke cycles – Comparison
of four stroke and two stroke engines – Working principle of steam, Gas, Diesel, Hydro – electric and Nuclear Power plants –- working principle of Boilers, Turbines, Reciprocating Pumps (single acting and double acting) and Centrifugal Pumps.
BE8252 UNIT V REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM Bcm
Terminology of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Principle of vapour compression and absorption system–Layout of typical domestic refrigerator–Window and Split type room Air conditioner.
|Subject name||BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
BE8252 BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Syllabus Click Here To Download
BE8252 BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Notes
BE8252 BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Question Bank
BE8252 BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Question Paper
BE8252 BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Important Questions
Search for students:
BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING syllabus Anna University free download.
- BE8252 anna university syllabus 2017 regulation.
- 1st year bcm syllabus for 2017 regulation.
- Anna university syllabus for be8252 bcm.
- Sem 2 bcm BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Be8252 bcm syllabus R2017.
- Anna university BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING notes.
- Notes for bcm be8252.
- Semester two BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING syllabus free.
- BASIC CIVIL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING syllabus free pdf download.