ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer
ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Heat and Mass Transfer Notes ME8693 pdf free download.
OBJECTIVES: ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer
To understand the mechanisms of heat transfer under steady and transient conditions. To understand the concepts of heat transfer through extended surfaces.
To learn the thermal analysis and sizing of heat exchangers and to understand the basic
concepts of mass transfer. (Use of standard HMT data book permitted)
OUTCOMES: ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer
Upon the completion of this course the students will be able to
Apply heat conduction equations to different surface configurations under steady state and transient conditions and solve problems
Apply free and forced convective heat transfer correlations to internal and external flows through/over various surface configurations and solve problems
Explain the phenomena of boiling and condensation, apply LMTD and NTU methods of thermal analysis to different types of heat exchanger configurations and solve problems
Explain basic laws for Radiation and apply these principles to radiative heat transfer between different types of surfaces to solve problems
Apply diffusive and convective mass transfer equations and correlations to solve problems for different applications
TEXT BOOKS: ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer
1. Holman, J.P., “Heat and Mass Transfer”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2000
2. Yunus A. Cengel, “Heat Transfer A Practical Approach”, Tata McGraw Hill, 5th Edition 2015
REFERENCES: ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer
1. Frank P. Incropera and David P. Dewitt, “Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer”, John Wiley & Sons, 1998.
2. Kothandaraman, C.P., “Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer”, New Age International, New Delhi, 1998.
3. Nag, P.K., “Heat Transfer”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2002
4. Ozisik, M.N., “Heat Transfer”, McGraw Hill Book Co., 1994.
5. R.C. Sachdeva, “Fundamentals of Engineering Heat & Mass transfer”, New Age International Publishers, 2009
|Subject name||Heat and Mass Transfer|
ME8693 Notes Heat and Mass Transfer Click Here To Download
ME8693 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Paper