ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank
ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. Heat and Mass Transfer ME6502 Question Bank pdf free download.
Sample ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank:
1. What is Convective heat transfer?
2. Sketch formation of boundary layer and show laminar, transition & turbulent flow.
3. Write down differential equation for Continuity of fluid flow.
4. State Newton’s law of cooling.
5. Differentiate between Natural & Forced convection.
6. State Buckingham’s 1t’theorem. (ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank)
7. What is meant by Dimensional analysis?” ,
8. Sketch boundary layer development in a circular pipe.
9. What is Reynolds analogy?
10. What is Colburn analogy?
11. Define the Bulk temperature.
12. Define velocity boundary layer thickness. (ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank)
13. Define thermal boundary layer thickness.
14. Distinguish between laminar & turbulent flow.
15. What is meant by critical Reynolds number?
16. Define skin friction coefficient.
17. Give examples for free convection.
18. Define Grashof number. (ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank)
19. Sketch, temperature and velocity profiles in free convection on a vertical wall.
20. Define momentum thickness.
21. Define Displacement thickness.
22. List the dimensionless numbers.
23. What are the uses of dimensional analysis?
24. Explain the term Dimensional homogeneity.
25. What are the limitations of Dimensional analysis? (ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank)
PART – B
1. Air at 200 kPa and 200°C is heated as it flows through a tube with a diameter of 25 mm at a velocity of 10 m./sec. The wall temperature is maintained constant and is 20°C above the air temperature all along the length of tube. Calculate:
(i) The rate of heat transfer per unit length of the tube.
(ii) Increase in the bulk temperature of air over a 3 m length of the tube. (16)
|Subject Name||Heat and Mass Transfer|
ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Question Bank Click here to download
ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Syllabus
ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Notes
ME6502 Heat and Mass Transfer Important questions