EE6401 Notes Electrical Machines 1
EE6401 Notes Electrical Machines 1 Regulation 2013 Anna University
AIM of EE6401 Notes
To expose the students to the basic principles of Electro mechanical Energy Conversion in Electrical Apparatus and the operation of Transformers and DC Machines.
OBJECTIVES Electrical Machines 1 Notes:
To introduce techniques of magnetic-circuit analysis and introduce magnetic materials.
Familiarize the constructional details, the principle of operation,
prediction of performance, the methods of testing the transformers and three phase transformer connections.
To study the working principles of electrical machines using the concepts of electromechanical energy conversion principles and derive expressions for generated voltage and torque developed in all Electrical Machines.
Study the working principles of DC machines as Generator types,
determination of their no load / load characteristics, starting and methods of speed control of motors.
To estimate the various losses taking place in D.C. Motor and to study the different testing methods to arrive at their performance.
TEXT BOOKS EE6401 Notes:
1. Nagrath I. J and Kothari D. P. ‘Electric Machines’, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd,1990.
2. P.S. Bimbhra, ‘Electrical Machinery’, Khanna Publishers, 2003.
REFERENCES Electrical Machines 1 Notes:
1. Fitzgerald.A.E., Charles KingselyJr, Stephen D.Umans, ‘Electric Machinery’, McGraw Hill BooksCompany, 1992.
2. P. C. Sen., ‘Principles of Electrical Machines and Power Electronics’, John Wiley&Sons, 1997.
3. K. Murugesh Kumar, ‘Electric Machines’, Vikas publishing house Pvt Ltd, 2002.
|Subject Name||Electrical Machines 1|
|File detail||PDF of Notes|
Download EE6401 Notes click here to download
EE6401 Syllabus click here
EE6401 Question Bank click here
Electrical Machines 1 important questions click here