EC6702 Optical Communication and Networks Question Bank
EC6702 Optical Communication and Networks Question Bank Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. Optical Communication and Networks EC6702 Question Bank pdf free download.
Sample EC6702 Optical Communication and Networks Question Bank:
Part A 2 Marks
1. A point sorce of ligth is 12 cm below the surface of a large body of water (n = 1.33). What is the radius of the largest circle on the water surface through which the light can emerge?
2. Consider a parabolic index waveguide with n1 =1.75 ,n2 = 1.677 and core radius 25 micro meter. Calculate the numerical aperture at the axis and at a point 20 micro meter from the axis
3. Define numerical aperture of a step index fiber
4. Define mode-field diameter (ec6702 optical communication and networks Question Bank)
5. Commonly available single mode fibers have beat lengths in the range 10 cm < Lp <2 m . What range of refractive index diffrences does this correspond to? (for
wavelength = 1300 nm)
6. Define mode field diameter
7. What is the fundamental parameter of a single mode fiber?
8. A step index fiber has a normalized frequency V = 26.6 at 1300 nm wavelength. If the core radius is 25 pm, find the numerical aperture
Part-B 16 marks EC6702 Optical Communication and Networks Question Bank
9. (i) Diacuss the signal distortion in single mode fibers
(ii) Discuss pulse broadening in graded index fibers with necessary equations
10. (I) Discuss the propagation modes in single -mode fiber
(ii) Discuss the structure of graded index fiber
11. (i) What is meant by ‘material dispersion’? Derive its expression
(ii) Discuss the pulse broadening in graded index fiberss
12. (a) What are fiber modes? Explain mode theory for optical fibers in detail.
Or (b) Compare Single mode fibers and Graded index fibers. Explain the requirements for fiber materials.
Unit-2 (ec6702 optical communication and networks Question Bank)
13. Write the expression for the effective number of modes guided by a curved multimode fiber of radius ‘a’
14. Define normalized propagation constant
15. Give expression for the effective number of modes guided by a curved multimode fiber (ec6702 optical communication and networks Question Bank)
16. What are the causes of absorption
17. Find the coupling loss for two fibers having core refractive index profiles alpha E = 2.0 and alpha R = 1.5 .
18. What causes mode coupling
19. Mention the two causes of intra-modal dispersion.
20. Define fiber loss. (ec6702 optical communication and networks Question Bank)
|Subject Name||Optical Communication and Networks|
EC6702 Optical Communication and Networks question bank click here to download