CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank
Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank CE6702 free download Regulation 2013 Anna University. CE6702 Question Bank free pdf download Regulation 2013.
Sample CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank:
1. Define prestressed concrete.
2. What are the advantages of PSC construction
3. Define Pre tensioning and Post tensioning
4. What is the need for the use of high strength concrete and tensile steel in prestressed Concrete?
5. Define Kern Distance. (CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank)
6. What is Relaxation of steel?
7. What is concordant prestressing?
8. Define bonded and unbondedprestressing concrete.
9. Define Axial prestressing
10. List the losses of prestress (CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank)
11. What are the various methods of prestressing the concrete?
12. Enumerate load balancing concept
13. What are the sources of prestress?
14. Differentiate full prestressing and partial prestressing.
15. What is the permissible limit for shrinkage of concrete in pretensioned and post tensioned members as per IS code?
16. State any two advantages of prestressed concrete over reinforced concrete?
17. What are the advantages of pretensioned concrete over post tensioned concrete? (CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank)
18. What are the grades of concrete to be used in pre tensioned and post tensioned works?
19. What is meant by pressure line?
20. Why loss due shrinkage is more for pretensioned member compared to post tensioned member?
PART B 16marks (CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank)
1. A rectangular concrete beam 100mm wide & 250mm deep spanning over 8m is prestressed by a straight cable carrying a effective prestressing force of 250kN located at an eccentricity of 40mm. The beam supports a live load of 1.2 kN/m.
a) Calculate the resultant stress distribution for the centre of the span cross section of the beam assuming the density of concrete as 24kN/m2 (CE6702 Prestressed Concrete Structures Question Bank)
b) Find the magnitude of prestressing force with an eccentricity of 40mm which can balance the stresses due to dead load & live load at the soffit of the centre span section
2. A PSC beam of 120mm wide and 300mm deep is used over an span of 6m to support a udl of 4kN/m including its self weight. The beam is prestressed by a straight cable carrying a force of 180kN & located at an eccentricity of 50mm. Determine the location
of the thrust line in beam & plot its position at quarter & central span sections.
|Subject Name||Prestressed Concrete Structures|
CE6702 Question Bank Click Here to download