BT8291 Syllabus MICROBIOLOGY Regulation 2017 Anna University
BT8291 Syllabus OBJECTIVES
- To introduce students to the principles of Microbiology to emphasize structure and biochemical aspects of various microbes. To solve the problems in microbial infection and their control.
BT8291 Syllabus UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Basics of microbial existence; history of microbiology, classification and nomenclature of microorganisms, microscopic examination of microorganisms, light and electron microscopy; principles of different staining techniques like gram staining, acid fast staining, capsular staining, flagellar staining.
BT8291 Syllabus UNIT II MICROBES- STRUCTURE AND MULTIPLICATION
Structural organization and multiplication of bacteria, viruses, algae and fungi, with special mention of life history of actinomycetes, yeast, mycoplasma and bacteriophages.
BT8291 Syllabus UNIT III MICROBIAL NUTRITION, GROWTH AND METABOLISM
Nutritional requirements of bacteria; different media used for bacterial culture; growth curve and different methods to quantify bacterial growth; aerobic and anaerobic bioenergetics, lipid, aminoacid and carbohydrate catabolism, oxidation of inorganic molecules, photosynthetic CO2 fixation,
assimilation of phosphorous, sulphur, nitrogen, synthesis of purines, pyramidines, aminoacids, lipids.
BT8291 Syllabus UNIT IV CONTROL OF MICROORGANISMS
Physical and chemical control of microorganisms; host-microbe interactions; anti-bacterial, antifungal and anti-viral agents; mode of action and resistance to antibiotics; clinically important microorganisms like Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Shigella, Mycobacterium, Hepatitis viruses
BT8291 Syllabi UNIT V INDUSTRIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY
Primary metabolites; secondary metabolites and their applications; preservation of food; production of penicillin, alcohol, vitamin B-12; biogas; bioremediation; leaching of ores by microorganisms;
biofertilizers and biopesticides; microorganisms and pollution control; biosensors
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
BT8291 Syllabus TEXT BOOKS
1. Talaron K, Talaron A, Casita, Pelczar and Reid. Foundations in Microbiology, W.C. Brown Publishers, 1993.
2. Pelczar MJ, Chan ECS and Krein NR, Microbiology, Tata McGraw Hill Edition, New Delhi, India.
3. Prescott L.M., Harley J.P., Klein DA, Microbiology, 7th Edition, Mc Graw -Hill Inc.
4. Ananthanarayanan and Paniker, A textbook of Microbiology, University Press,9th edition, 2015.
5. John Wiley and sons,” Essential Microbiology “, 2005.
6. Schlegel, H.G. “General Microbiology”, 7th Edition, Cambridge University Press, 1993.
|Download BT8291 Syllabus||Click Here|
Search In for BT8291 Syllabus:
Download BT8291 Syllabus MICROBIOLOGY For free.
Anna University Regulation 2017 MICROBIOLOGY Syllabus download pdf free.
Semester 2 Anna University Regulation 2017 Syllabus.
Syllabus for sem 2 Anna University Regulation 2017.